We are grateful for your interest in Creston Community Schools. Learn more at www.crestonschools.org.
The vision of Creston Community Schools is to provide the foundation for students to become lifelong learners and positive, confident, and compassionate citizens. Find more information about the district's goals at: www.crestonschools.org/district/district_goals
The Creston School Board typically meets on the third Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the board room at 801 N Elm Street, Creston, Iowa, 50801. Special meetings are also called when necessary.
All meeting notices and board agendas are posted in advance, here on our website. Special provisions apply in the case of an emergency meeting.
Minutes are recorded by the board secretary and represent official actions taken by the board, but do not include verbatim transcripts of conversations and discussions from each meeting. Minutes are posted here, on our website.
Regular board meetings are broadcast through Zoom. The link may be found on the board agenda.
The public is welcome to join remotely and observe school board meetings. Remote access information is on each agenda.
To help facilitate the Public Forum, participants must contact the Board Secretary by noon on the day of the board meeting.
- The Iowa Association of School Boards advises school board members to listen to constituents and refrain from commenting during public forum. The practice of the district is for board members to listen and to direct administration to follow up with the participant(s).
- Participants shall provide their name and address.
- Participants shall indicate the topic they wish to address.
- Participants shall indicate which administrator they have addressed their concern with.
- Participants are asked to limit their time to three minutes.
- Please see Policy 213 Public Participation in Board Meetings for more information.
Board meetings are recorded and available to the public on the district's website for one month.
If you have any questions, please contact Board Secretary, Billie Jo Greene, at (641) 782-7028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find agendas for the Creston School Board on the Board Agendas tab.
Find minutes for the Creston School Board on the Board Minutes tab.
Find contact information for the Creston School Board on the Board Member tab.